I recapped week 3 of my Insanity Challenge last time and finished week 4.Â The first day of week 3 was the second Fit Test of the program, where I took the same Fit Test I did before my first day of the program to track my progress.Â Here were my results:
- Switch Kicks (R and L leg equals 1 rep) Week 1: 57 Week 3: 60
- Power Jacks Week 1:Â 43 Week 3: 44
- Power Knees Week 1: 80 Week 3: 80
- Power Jumps Week 1: 30 Week 3:Â 32
- Globe Jumps (squat jumps in 4 directions= 1 rep) Week 1: 9 Week 3: 11
- Suicide Jumps (think squat thrusts or burpees)Â Week 1: 19 Week 3: 20
- Push-up Jacks: COULD NOT DO DUE TO SHOULDER INJURY
- Low Plank Obliques (R and L equals 1 rep) Week 1:Â 20 Week 3: 21
I’ve lost a few pounds here and there, but since that’s not my goal, I’ve been eating to counteract it, so my body composition hasn’t changed much, butÂ I feel like my cardiovascular endurance has improved quite a bit- I can make it through the dvds with more ease, and obviously my Fit Test shows slight improvement, which I expect to continue with each Fit Test.Â I don’t know how much of it was pure motivation to at least do one more rep this time around- it’s human nature to be able to perform better when you have a number to shoot for, but I feel like I really maxed myself out this time around.
My shoulder injury I had before I started the program has completely subsided, and I think I’m ready to do the program in it’s entirety now, with the push ups and planks, without worry of hurting it again.Â We’ll see.
Did you miss anything?