Fish Fillets with Lemon Sauce
Makes 4 servings Prep Time 13 min
- 1 pound thin fish fillets, such as sole, halibut, or flounder
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Mix together bread crumbs, sage, and Old Bay.Â Mix eggs and water in another bowl.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Dip fillets in the egg mixture; then coat in crumb mixture. Place fish in skillet.
- Coat the tops of fish with olive oil spray. Flip fillets when brown (about four minutes); brown other side for three minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, gently boil lemon curd and milk over medium heat, stirring frequently. When it forms a slightly thickened sauce, remove from heat (about a minute).
- Serve the fish over cup brown rice, topped with a tablespoon of sauce and a side of broccoli.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 512, Protein: 34g , Carbs: 62g , Fat: 14g , Cholesterol: 175mg , Sodium: 1588g
(image via chatandchew)